I found this great ULS Viewer, I use to read the SharePoint log files with. One of the really cool things is the highlight function that’s build in, just by hover over a text the same text is high with a yellow background, soo cool :) But two of the most import features is to hide lines in the log and runtime-feed. Runtime-feed is to setup a "watch" on a directory and all now log (both lines in the current log file and lines in new log files is imbedded into the ULS Viewer view) .
A copy-pasting Microsoft own feature list:
- Highlight data of importance to the user on the fly
- Bookmark log entries
- Append logs to other logs in order to track trends
- Hide unimportant data
- Only view critical log entries by sorting data by severity
- Write rules to prompt the user when certain events occur
- View your data in a spreadsheet instead of the text file ULS generates
- Monitor remote machines logs that are running ULS services
- Open multiple logs at the same time in order to compare log files.
- Open logs files from multiple machines at the same time.
More screenshots of USL Viewer
Read more about this greater log reading tool at http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/ULSViewer
Post a Comment